White on White Picture Wall

by Rustic Pieces on Wednesday, November 25, 2009


Awhile ago I mentioned that I had frames that needed to be finished on my to do list. Here are the beautiful golden frames I inherited from Rain's aunt months ago:



Nice slightly ornate gold frames, just needed some white paint! Here it is after a few coats of paint:




So I finally managed to get pictures for them printed out and I thought all I needed to do was get some plain white cardboard for the background. It looked awful!! The school project cardboard look just didn't go. And then I found out today that there are proper mat boards for this kind of thing, NOT cardboard. So I will need to hunt around for a board that's cheap, abit off white in colour and the right size (38cm x 38cm).

In the meantime I thought I'd look around and see how white frames look on white walls. I'm worrying that it will look abit too white, but the ones I found look reeal good! I think I might also chuck in some darker coloured frames on the same wall but first gota finish these off. So fingers crossed I'll find my mat boards soon!







 

 

I know the last one isn't actually white on white but how good does it look!! I LOVE stripes, which I'm planning to do in one of our rooms and I love how a whole bunch of different shapes and sizes manage to match with each other.






2 comments:

Susan Graham said...

I am new to the boards and just wanted to say i am very very happy to read this blog.

abby said...

Wow thanks Susan for your comments! We definitely plan to post up more posts soon so stay tuned :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails